Oct 15, 2013

Seven Day Fiancé (Love and Games, #2) by Rachel Harris



Buy the book:
Author's: 
Publication date: October 14th, 2013.
Entangled Bliss

My rating: 4.5 stars

***Copy of the book provided by publisher in exchange for honest review.***





Book summary:

"Angelle Prejean is in a pickle. Her family is expecting her to come home with a fiancé—a fiancé who doesn’t exist. Well, he exists, but he definitely has no idea Angelle told her mama they were engaged. Tattooed, muscled, and hotter than sin, Cane can reduce Angelle to a hot mess with one look—and leave her heart a mess if she falls for him. But when she ends up winning Cane at a charity bachelor auction, she knows just how to solve her fiancé problem.

Cane Robicheaux is no one’s prince. He doesn’t do relationships and he doesn’t fall in love. When sweet, sultry-voiced Angelle propositions him, he hopes their little game can finally get her out of his head. He doesn’t expect her to break through all his barriers. But even as Angelle burrows deeper into his heart, he knows once their seven days are up, so is their ruse."
 
Easiest way to describe Seven Day Fiance? Your best friend's hot brother fantasy. Was it good? So, so good!!!

      Cowboys and Kisses. Okay, this is not a cowboy swept me off my feet love story, but there are all of the recognizable elements of good and sweet Southern romance setting. I have a weak spot for American South, if you didn't notice. First, you can read this book like standalone, I did - you won't miss anything because Seven Day Fiance talks about other characters, it's not standard sequel. This would be a perfect movie - I could see it in my head while I was reading.
       One of my friends accused me of being kinky, but actually romantic - well, I am. I love good romance no matter how sappy or cliche it sounds to other people. There is just something satisfying in reading about love and pink colored world. I like that fluffy feeling and silly smile they put on my face. Angelle and Cane made me smile like Cheshire cat.

    Why I loved characters? Cane is hot, tattooed player who falls for that clumsy girl that won't spare him a time of the day. Angelle is loyal and doesn't want to be just another scratch on bad boy's bedpost. But somehow they figure out that there is so much more about that other person and suddenly their little charade isn't game anymore. I loved their appreciation of family values - I'm sick of novels talking about that whole "my friends are my family, because my real family sucks" rant. It was nice to read different angle for a change. Don't let me even start about chemistry these two have. I thought that my Kindle would be set on fire few times. And that scene in the barn... Swoon to the moon and back.

     Who should read this book? Everyone who wants something that will bring a little bit of sunshine in their life. All of you who are secretly romantic but just don't want to admit that to anyone. Still not convinced? How about little teaser then?
"Cane tore himself away from her sweet lips to slide his tongue along the column of her neck. A gasp escaped Angelle’s mouth. She was so responsive. She made him feel like everything was new for her, like he was the first man to make her feel like this. Pride and satisfaction coursed through his veins. He bit and then licked the underside of her jaw, and a deep moan broke free from her throat. And that released the hellcat.
Suddenly slapping his hands out of the way, Angelle knotted her fingers in his hair. Cane chuckled as she tugged roughly on the ends, impatiently yanking him closer and herself higher. Placing his hands around her slim waist, he slid across the seat and tugged her onto his lap. She settled a leg on either side of his hips and they shared a hiss."

 You like it? Then go, find the book and read. We will love to hear if you enjoyed it and why.

xoxo,

10 comments:

  1. Great Review!!!! I am currently reading & enjoying this book (: it is nice to see the family values in this book!!
    I loved the scene you quoted, both the characters are so loveable!!

    Happy Reading,
    Elizabeth @ Blue Eyed Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I want to re-read those parts again. I'm happy you like it.

      I'm sucker for big families, I don't have one so that's probably the reason.:)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an enjoyable Southern romance. Not quite my type of read, but glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like when two people get paired together in a romance like this that you would never imagine together otherwise! Sounds really interesting and the characters seem great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quote has me fanning myself, Glass! I love a sweet, Southern romance! And you're right, I'm tired of the crappy families in books, so I'm happy to see a solid one portrayed. Wonderful review, Glass! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel. I think you will really like it.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for reading and for the fabulous review!! I'm so glad you enjoyed Seven Day Fiance :)

    *twirls*

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have me so excited to read this book. It sounds so good! Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...