Oct 22, 2013

Reservation (Preservation, #2) by Rachael Wade





Buy the book:
Author's:


***Copy of the book was provided in exchange for honest review.***







Book summary:

 "Ryan Campbell is not only leaving his title of Professor behind to move on to bigger and better things at Simon and Warden Publishing, he’s also become Seattle’s rising literary star. Sitting on the overwhelming cusp of newfound fame, he learns soon enough that being popular has its downside.

Attracted to the buzz surrounding his new career, former lovers begin to creep back into his life, and potential ones emerge with enticing advances. While he works to juggle reserved, yet stressful, wedding plans with Kate and his new public image, he has enough to manage without worrying about Carter and Dean—Kate’s loveable albeit eccentric friends—and their latest shenanigans.

Surrounded by a lifestyle that includes temptation at every turn, Ryan finds himself immersed in a world full of scandal and lies, where his oldest weaknesses thrive and his ghosts return to haunt him. Questioning whether his life with Kate is his best path, he must discover if he’s still capable of being the man he aspired to be when she first became his, or if happily ever after is only an illusion."

No, Reservation is not companion novel to the first book - that little annoying habit authors have: to tell the story from his POV. It the end you have basically same book with few extra scenes, but nothing new. Second book in Preservation series is exactly that - sequel.

We continue to follow lives of Ryan and Kate, but this time narrator is Ryan. And he is good narrator - I even loved him more in this role than Kate. Rachael Wade managed to pull you into the male perspective. He is bastard, self-centric and arrogant, no matter how sometimes his new  found love makes him more mellow.

Story & Characters. I have to say that I instantly thought that plot looked "familiar". He is not Mr. Nobody anymore, there are publicists and mangers who want to sell certain image to the public and girlfriend that nobody should find out about. Yes, Reckless by S.C. Stephens and just like that book, Reservation is full of drama. If you are fan of that type of stories,you will enjoy this book very much. Ryan is drama queen worthy of Olivia and company from Tarryn Fisher's novels. Honestly, there were so many things that bothered me and I do not know how Kate could get over all of his issues. But don't be fooled - that girl is no ray of sunshine herself. I liked Carter and I'm really curious about his book. We will talk about third book - Declaration - tomorrow and also, you will get opportunity to win all three books. Do not miss it!

xoxo,

8 comments:

  1. How have I not known this series?! I mean, I've seen the books around, but paid no attention. This does sound like something I would enjoy. And I agree, sequels are better than alternate pov.
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now you know about it.:D I'd love to hear what you think about it.Thank you, Andrea.

      Delete
  2. Hot cover!! I do like a book from the guy's POV but not sure about the drama. Characters that turn into drama lamas are a turn off for me in books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if you'd like it than. Bout you can always give it a try, who knows, maybe you'd like it.

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is good! I love it when books switch POV but the story actually continues. Like it was with Slammed and Point of Retreat. Plus, guy POV in romance novels is usually wayyyy better. Drama is good, in decent doses. I loved Reckless, my favorite out of the three S.C. books in that series, and I would love to give this series a try. Thanks so much for sharing, Glass :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite was Effortless. :D Final book was a bit melodramatic for me.
      I love to read male POV, but when the whole book is told from his POV.
      I think you might even like Preservation series.:)

      Delete
  4. So this was the same book but in his POV? Hmm...I didn't really like the sound of him from the last book and it didn't seem like your opinion improved much by reading his POV. I think I'd only read Carter's book if I picked this series up. Wonderful review, Glass. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should do that - Carter is sweetheart. :)

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...