Oct 3, 2013

ARC review: What He Really Feels (He Feels Trilogy #2) by Lisa Suzanne


Author's:

Buy the book:
Amazon / Amazon UK


Summary:

"He told her How He Really Feels and had his heart broken. Now Travis Miller is trying to move on from the greatest heartbreak of his life by getting out of town. But two nights before his big move to California, Travis meets a mystery woman who grabs hold of his broken heart and gives him hope that he can piece it back together. Will Travis ever figure out What He Really Feels, or will he be stuck on his first love forever? Will he find his happily ever after? 

What He Really Feels contains some adult situations and is intended for mature readers."


Review:


What He Really Feels is a sequel to How He Really Feels. You can find my review for that one HERE. After reading the first book I was very excited about the second book about Travis - the best friend who got dumped by the woman he knew and loved his whole life - Julianne, the heroine of the first book. We already know that she complicated her relationship with Travis in a very stupid way - by using him. I felt so bad about that and just wanted to hug the poor guy. And I desperately wanted a HEA for him! And this is where book two complicates things more then I thought...

We enter "What He Really Feels" with events that happened in the previous book from Travis' POV. This first 30% of the book was him dealing with the aftermath. I felt his hurt so deep. I praise the author for writing a believable course of thoughts and action Travis experienced. It's extremely hard dealing with emotional hurt. Especially when it comes from being betrayed by the person you loved most of your life.

 The angst was too much sometimes and I found myself a little taken aback. So, I already said book 1 was very beautiful, almost fairy-tale like - a romance that made the little girl in me swoon. But somehow I thought Travis will be different. I guess I like my men a little more bad-boy in books. Travis was just too sentimental, too emotional, at least for me.

Still, he went on a sting of one night stands that lasted a bit too long then necessary if you ask me. But at that time, he met a woman that changed him - that made him realize that there are more great and beautiful woman out there and Jules somehow blocked that out completely for him, made his blind for endless possibilities. He met a woman and had a one night stand with her - but that one night was enough to affect him deeply. She disappeared and left him behind in ache for her. All his thoughts were now centered not only on Jules, but on the mystery woman too.

Unable to take all that happened to him he decides to move to San Diego. And ding-ding - that is where fate steps in. We meets the mystery woman again - in a very sensitive situation.

Well, I gotta say that this meant-to-be reunion was a little too cheesy. I mean, come on. And then Travis and Lindsay develop strong feelings too fast, too soon. Travis is still hurting and Lindsay has issues from her previous boyfriend. Forming a new reckless and passionate relationship is just a recipe for disaster. Travis was bound to make a mistake with all the emotional overload and pressure.

But he's still a romantic guy and knows how to redeem himself. The way he was courting her was a little silly and too much but still heart-swooning. It never hurts to indulge and spoil a girl with beautiful gestures, yeah?

And then Jules complicates it all. After those final pages made me realize this series in more then a simple cute romance. It a big romance... Triangle? Quadrate? I don't even know anymore. All I see is more drama to come. And I can assure you it's going to get big and epic. I admit I felt a little bored throughout the book, but that ending which is not a cliff but still left me hanging with my mouth open.


If you enjoy your romance with lots of steam and with equal measure of beauty and emotion, with a good dose of drama, this is a series for you.

Until next time,





4 comments:

  1. "He met a woman and had a one night stand with her - but that one night was enough to affect him deeply." --- Way cheesy, but I think the reformed playboy shows up a lot in romance. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you've hit the spot. Completely, way too much cheesy. And that's why I didn't like it so much. Thank you!:)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm I'm not a big fan of the love triangle, but the fact that it's a love quadrilateral (possibly) does make me curious. How does that even work?! Haha.

    Great review!

    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm as confused as you are, Allie! The author wrote two books about two couples, but the heroine of the first and hero of the second are making it all complicated. I hav no idea how this will turn out but it is interesting.

      Thanks for stopping by!:)

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...