Oct 18, 2013

Definitely, Maybe in Love by Ophelia London (ARC Review)



Pre-order:
Author's:
Release date: October 30th, 2013.
Entangled Embrace

My rating: 4.5 stars

***Copy of this book was provided by publisher in exchange for honest review.***





Book summary:
"Spring Honeycutt wants two things: to ace her sustainable living thesis and to save the environment. Both seem hopelessly unobtainable until her college professor suggests that with a new angle, her paper could be published. Spring swears she’ll do whatever it takes to ensure that happens."Whatever it takes," however, means forming a partnership with the very hot, very privileged, very conceited Henry Knightly.Henry is Spring's only hope at publication, but he's also the über-rich son of a land developer and cash-strapped Spring’s polar opposite—though she can't help being attracted to the way he pushes her buttons, both politically and physically. Spring finds there's more to Henry than his old money and argyle sweaters…but can she drop the loud-and-proud act long enough to let him in? Suddenly, choosing between what she wants and what she needs puts Spring at odds with everything she believes in.Definitely, Maybe in Love is a modern take on Pride and Prejudice that proves true love is worth risking a little pride."


      I am big fan of Pride and Prejudice - my first introduction with it happened when I was around 10 years old, I watched that TV show with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy.  It was love at first sight. I read the book much later. When I saw that Definitely, Maybe in Love was modern retelling of story about my favorite brooding man - I just had to read it. So far I didn't have much luck with P&P retellings, but Ophelia London had me hooked from the first page.

      Spring & Henry. Are perfect. Author managed to capture everything that made us love Elizabeth and Darcy so much and put it in completely new set of interests and circumstances. Spring is kind of girl that every single one of us should try to be like - strong, determined, smart, independent, not afraid to speak up and active member of society. Oh, she is my superhero. I love "girl-power" characters. I didn't know that it was possible, but I love Henry even more than Darcy. He has this whole untouchable attitude, but he is not jerk - Henry is not intimidated by Spring, quite opposed - he is attracted to her because she is that type of girl, he admires Spring's ability to hold her ground. That is kind of man every woman wish for.

      Green theme. One of the biggest pluses for me is that Definitely, Maybe in Love talks about environmental issues and it seems that that is something that is important to author, not just convenient setting for retelling. I loved the way both characters gave their opinions about certain subjects and the way it connected them. Ophelia London tells to readers that you can always do something to change to world you live in.

      Cranberries, cowboy hats and braids. If you want to read a book that will make you swoon all the time, you just have to pick up this one. You'll be swept of your feet on every third page. There are no explicit scenes, but you'll feel the tension and you will have an overwhelming need to kiss and be kissed.

      But... There is always but, isn't it? I had problem with Julia and Dart's story. It has few loopholes and feels unfinished. I liked them as characters, don't get me wrong, but I just have a feeling like there could be much more. Still, that haven't been big problem - I absolutely love this novel.

      Should you read it? You have to if you consider yourself true Pride and Prejudice fan. I even think that younger generation of readers will enjoy this story much more. Definitely, Maybe in Love by Ophelia London has to be on the list of books that you think your daughter should read one day.

xoxo,

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful review Glass, I love that this sweeps you up, and makes you want to be kissed! I am a huge JA fan and will be picking this one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book will make you daydream for days after you finish reading it. :)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I did not realize this is a P&P retelling! I am sold! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And really good one, Andrea. I hope you'll like it.

      Delete
  3. You named my all time favorite adaptation of Pride & Prejudice, Glass! I think they got it just right like no other one has. The one with Keira Knightly just left too much out and wasn't as up close and personal. I'm so thrilled to pick this one up, even more so after your lovely review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like that move too - something was missing and Keira didn't work out as Elizabeth for me.
      I hope you'll like it.:)

      Delete
  4. Great Review. I have this on my list to read and now I am even more excited (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Review. I have this on my list to read and now I am even more excited (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually run away from P&P retellings. You know it's only one Mr. Darcy! :D And Alexandra Potter ruined it for me. Anyhow this sounds like a really great story. I love the sound of the characters. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Amazing review darling ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Tanja, but I promise you will love this one. Thank you!:*

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...