Jun 11, 2014

Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2) by Nina Lane







Get your copy:


Connect with the author:







  

Book summary:
 
"We both want this so badly. I can feel it resonating between us like the hot pull of our first attraction, tangible and intense."

After lies and betrayal almost destroy their marriage, Dean and Olivia West reignite their blissful passion. The medieval history professor and his cherished wife are determined to fix their mistakes and fall madly in love all over again.

Then a family crisis forces Dean back into a feud with his parents and siblings, dredging up guilt over a painful family secret. Liv and Dean have battled obstacles together before, but with bitter family conflicts now endangering their fragile intimacy, they soon must struggle with events that could damage them in ways they had never imagined.

 
 My rating: 5 stars


My review:

The most beautiful story continues...
“The allure is a passage behind the parapet of a castle wall. Great for defense when the enemy is approaching. You know you’re safe on the allure.” ... “Like we’re safe with each other.”
“No doubt about it, beauty.” ... “You’ll always be my allure.”

Right before I started reading this book I was both happy and sad. Happy because I would get to read more about Liv and Dean who have become characters I very much like, and sad because the sequels mean that there is more drama for these two lovely fictional people. I mean, I loved the first book. LOVED IT, I tell you, but somehow I just wanted them to mend things and live a long and happy life together.

Do things like this:

description

This:

description

This:

description

And this:

description

Yeah, no. That's not gonna happen. Yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for book three. Don't get me wrong, they were still kissing, but in a much different environment.

On the plus side - more professor Dean! That's always a good thing.

“Right now I want you naked against me. I want to wake up cold because you’ve hogged all the blankets. I want to feel your leg between mine, your hair in my face, your arm flung across my chest. I want to find myself on the edge of the bed in the morning because you’ve sprawled all over the mattress. I want to sleep with you.”

And the professor has a way of saying the most wonderful things...

And some things that made me laugh:

“There’s just one thing…” he murmurs.
“What?”
“If it’s a boy, can we name it Chaucer?”

“...Especially when your ex-wife is BFFs with your mother and sister?”
Confusion furrows his brow. “When my ex-wife is what?”


This book was mostly about Dean, because in this part his life was a mess, to put it lightly. Actually, it was more of a disaster... Just when things were returning to normal with Liv, he had a family crisis, and he had to visit them - something he didn't do in a very long time because of his family's behavior towards Liv. Bad behavior for the usual reason - a nice, poor girl could never be good enough for their golden boy. Plus, there's a chance of seeing Dean's brother which they were also avoiding for a very long time. But, the time to confront everyone, everyone including Dean's ex-wife, had come.

It wasn't easy or simple, but they were handling it. They had each other - that was the most important thing.

But then another complication in a form of a false, vicious accusation by a angry, immature individual is threatening Dean's job, which was a disaster for a man who loved his job as much as Dean did.

And then the complications with Liv. Poor man couldn't catch a break. It just kept piling up.

On the brighter side, there were a few wonderful, heartwarming scenes from the past when they were at the beginning of their relationship.

Our gazes locked and held. We understood each other down to our very bones. We were the only people who ever would.
“Say yes,” he said.
I said yes. There was no other response.

And all those things Liv said about her and Dean at the end of the book... I could say they didn't make me teary-eyed, but I'd be lying.

“You and me, beauty.”
“You and me, professor.”

XOXO
 

2 comments:

  1. The best romances typically are those where the couple had to work hard for it. This one definitely sounds like they didn't have it easy.

    Makes me all the more curious about this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and let's be honest, if everything went smoothly, it would make for a very boring book... :)

      I hope you give it a try. This series is one of my favorites. :)

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...