Jun 20, 2014

Board Resolution (Knights of the Board Room, #1) by Joey W. Hill






Get your copy:

Connect with the author:







 
Book summary:

Savannah was groomed from birth to take the reins of her father’s manufacturing empire. Her emotional armor is as tough as the steel used in her factories, and nobody is allowed past it. Business partner Matt realizes that the key to entry is to command her submission. Calling on the unique sensual talents of his four-man management team, he engineers an aggressive and erotic takeover, determined to rescue the woman he loves from the steel cage she’s manufactured around her heart. Masked and lost to the sensations the team arouses in her, Savannah is theirs, at least for this one night.

Publisher’s Note: Originally published in the Behind the Mask anthology.


 Add to Goodreads  


 
My rating: ✮✮✮✮

My review:

The first time I read this book last year, I didn't like it very much. I don't know why, it just didn't sit well with me. Now, since I've decided to finally continue with this series, I wanted to meet the knights again, and give this particular knight another chance.

After reading Board Resolution the second time, all I can say is that my previous thoughts about it were only due to bad timing, because this time I really, really liked it.

“You want me with a hunger so bad you’ll tear my flesh off my bones to crawl inside me. I know it, have known it for months, and so have you.”

I believe what bothered me on my first read was that I felt that everything Matt did to Savannah was a bit too much to take all at once. Yes, I know she never put a definite stop to it, but still... It kind of made me uncomfortable.

This time, it was like I was reading a completely different book with completely different characters. Everything that happened, everything Matt did seemed necessary and really the only way to break that armor Savannah had been carrying around her heart almost her entire existence. I admit, I thought it was hot and kind of romantic. Those little glimpses of their past were extremely romantic and sweet.

“That was to remind you that someday, you might need someone else to carry the load for a while. And you can trust me to get you where you need to go, no matter how steep the hill is. Up or down.”

You see what I'm talking about? Beautiful. Savannah is one lucky lady. And she deserves it, deserves someone like him.

God, I must have been a blind idiot the first time I read it.

Now I can't wait to meet the other knights more personally. Lucas, Jon, Peter, Big Ben, I'm looking at you.

description
 


XOXO
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh yay! Love that it won you over on the 2nd go round. I wonder about that often when one doesn't sit well like that. Was it the mood I was in at the time or with some was I new to the genre and just not up for it yet (like with erotica or dark romances) but later on it woulda fit. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mood definitely plays a large role in whether or not I enjoy a book, but with this one I think it was really bad timing. When I read it the first time, I was only a beginner when it came to BDSM books, and even though the books in this series are romance, they do contain the level of BDSM I was not prepared for at the time. Now that I've read quite a few books with that content, I was able to enjoy it a lot more.
      But, yes, the mood is crucial. Luckily, the more I read, I usually know what to expect from a certain author's book, so I know whether or not it will fit my mood or not. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that just goes to show that sometimes books that didn't get along with you the first time still has a chance to enrapture you the 2nd time! Very fascinating Danija. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeann! I'm really glad I gave this book another chance. I wasn't planning on doing that, but when I saw some of my friends reading this series and enjoying it, I was curious, so I thought why not give it another shot. Now I'm on book 4, and really liking it.
      I guess it's all about the right timing.

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...