Jun 27, 2014

Embracing My Submission (The Doms of Genesis, #1) by Jenna Jacob





Get your copy:

Connect with the author:







 
Book summary:

Haunted for years by dreams of a savage, amber eyed Dominant with lips so enticing my soul ached in frustration and lust. None of the Dominants at Genesis, my local BDSM club ever stirred me in such blistering ways. While I tried to fill my submissive desires vicariously through interactions at the club, I attempted to convince myself it was enough. But it wasn’t. My dream Dom made certain I hungered for more.

Forced beyond what I could bear, my passion and frustration exploded. I threw in the towel, determined to stop chasing a dream and gave up completely on finding submissive surrender. But fate intervened when two gunshots split the night. Forced to confront my desires and insecurities, I was shocked to realize that my dreams may have held a deeper meaning. Were they compelling me to finally embrace my submission?

 Add to Goodreads 


 
My rating: ✮✮✮✮


My review:

This book was a really pleasant surprise.

I came across it by accident, and what made me decide to read it was that I needed a BDSM-themed book which had a title beginning with the letter E. Given my reasons for reading it weren't much, neither were my expectations. Then I started reading, and very soon I realized this would be a book I would enjoy. Thankfully, I was right!

The book is entirely written from the heroine's perspective. There had been several times when that sentence meant the book went on my nerves, but this was not one of those times. Luckily for me, I really liked Julianna. She was sweet, and fun. I don't think I've ever read about a submissive that stubborn and hotheaded. She really was something else, and I loved it. Granted, she did have a few pity parties, but let's face it - who hasn't? And to be fair, she had some valid reasons.

Julianna was a submissive without a Dom, something that haunted her because she wanted nothing more but to find a good Dom who would claim her as his own. She had a past bad experience, which did not manage to turn her away from the lifestyle, and now she was under the protection of a Dom from a BDSM club she was a member of who was her mentor.

I really liked Drake and his sub Trevor. There was just something about them, and their entire interaction that made me feel very comfortable reading about their world, and very much enjoying it. It was funny that every time someone called Drake Daddy, I would immediately remember Nora saying: "Don't judge!" (Nora is not a character from this book, but from The Original Sinners series.)

As I was saying, Julianna longed for a Dom, so when one piqued her interest, Drake arranged for them to meet, but that ended badly. However, something good came out of it - Julianna finally met the man that haunted her dreams.

The dreams were a part I found a bit odd, but I loved everything else, so I accepted this, too.

Julianna and Mika were meant to be, but them getting to the point where they could finally accept that wasn't exactly easy -- Mika was still grieving, and Julianna was stubborn, and had decided to give up submission -- but I loved every step in their journey. It was emotional, it was hot, it was even fun.

“Who am I?”
“Why, you’re the great and powerful Oz, Master.”

I'm making it official: Julianna is one of my favorite subs I've read about!

This was the kind of BDSM I'd like to read more about. I believe the book said the author was quite experienced in the lifestyle, and that showed. Hopefully, I'll find the time to read the other books in the series soon, and if I'm very lucky find more books like this.


XOXO
 

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh I love your reason for picking it up. I've done that before and read one just because it had a horse on the cover and I needed a book with a horse on the cover. ::snort:: Turned out an okay read too. I'd not seen this one. I'm so gonna check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, we certainly had some solid reasons. :D
      Before this I hadn't heard about this author, either. This book popped up in the recommendations based on some other book I was reading at the time. BDSM + title that starts with E = I needed to read it. And in the end I really liked it. The heroine was so comfortable in the lifestyle, so I was comfortable reading it. She was one of those subs not fearing or running away from punishment, but one that was very excited about it. ;) For me, it was definitely not same old same old.

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...