Jan 12, 2015

One Love (Gypsy Brothers, #7) by Lili St. Germain

Buy The Book:
AMAZON / B & N / KOBO / iBOOKS

Author's Page:

Genre:
Dark Romance

Summary On Goodreads:


*The final book in the #1 iBooks bestselling Gypsy Brothers series*


Will Julz complete her mission for vengeance against the Gypsy Brothers? Or is Dornan still one step ahead?

More shocking secrets will come to light and lives will be lost in this final, devastating installment of the Gypsy Brothers series.

RATINGS:

MY RATING: 3.5/5 stars
GLASS' RATING: 5/5 stars
MISS' RATING: 5/5 stars


***Spoiler-free REVIEW***


"I've been waiting for you," he murmurs, his voice rough and ominous,
and in his eyes I see my own death.


Since this is the last installment in the Gypsy Brothers series this will be a short and spoiler-free review. I loved the first four books in the series while I had some plot issues with the two previous installments and considering the emotional turmoil the author put us through I kind of feared the ending. In regard to the development of the plot I was sure that it will be either a hit/ miss read for me. Now, after I finished reading it I'm happy I can say it was in spite of some additional issues more of a hit.

As always the story was dark, thrilling, gory and bittersweet.

These were the highlights of the book for me: 
1. Donnie's destiny
2. Dornan's destiny
3. appearing of the new gang called Skullz

The okay parts:
1. Jase as the main male character failed to win me over, even in this last installment.
2. Juliette's and Dornan's final face off.
3. The involvement of CIA corrupted agents.

As far as the ending is concerned I must admit that, while it wasn't exactly mind-blowing and glorious as it had the potential to be, it was all in all quite satisfying. Prepare your tissues people!

Recommended to all fans of dark romance who enjoy stories with revenge as the main theme.

~ Get the 1st book in the series for free on AMAZON!


Because, in our world it takes the taste of death in your mouth,
bloody and warm, to truly understand what it means to be alive.


xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Sorry this didn't blow you away. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. All in all it was better than I thought it would be.

      Delete
  2. I'm sucker for book with guys with tattoos on the cover..lol I haven't come across this series before today. Lately I had to deal with few disappointments myself. It's hard, especially from series you expect a lot of.
    My ears always perk when I hear dark and thrilling.
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for guys with tattoos on covers and both in real life.:D It wasn't exactly disappointing, but it also wasn't mindblowing.
    Welcome :) If you like dark and thrilling reads then you should definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It's steamy, but that's not the focus of the story. This is more of a dark thriller.

      Delete
  5. I've got book #1 of the series, so I'll finally get to read it one day ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you'll think about it!:) Every book in the series is around 100 pages long, so they are fast-paced reads.

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...