Buy The Book:
AMAZON / B & N / ARE / iBOOKS / RIPTIDE PUBLISHING
MM Contemporary Romance
Summary On Goodreads:
Hunter Easton is screwed. Fans, producers, and his agent are all chomping at the bit for the next book in his wildly popular Wolf’s Landing series, but he’s got epic writer’s block and is way behind deadline. Then he reads The World Tree, a fanfic novel by his online friend “Lone Wolf.” It isn’t just a great story—it’s exactly what the series needs.
Kevin Hussain is thrilled when “Wolf Hunter” wants to meet up after reading The World Tree. When Wolf Hunter turns out to be Hunter Easton himself, Kevin is starstruck. When Hunter tells him he wants to add The World Tree to Wolf’s Landing, Kevin is sure he’s being pranked. And when their online chemistry carries over—big time—into real life, Kevin is convinced it’s all too good to be true.
The problem is . . . it might be. The book deal, the sex, the money—everything is amazing. But fame isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, and Kevin is left wondering if Hunter really loves him, or just loves his book.
Books with Aleksandr Voinov's & L. A. Witt' s name are definitely must reads for me, just like this one. I usually avoid reading series out of order, but resistance is futile when it comes to my favourite authors. Lucky for me that the book can be read as a standalone, even though it's the 4th one in the series.
- Have you ever
fantasizedwanted to read an author-fan romance novel? If you did, then come and meet Lone Wolf- a fun, emotional and steamy mm contemporary romance. The story is told from two point of views. The MCs are Hunter Easton who is a world-famous author and then we have Kevin Hussain, also an author and one of Hunter's biggest fans. Btw. Mahir from Hostile Ground (one of my fav books by these authors) is Kevin's uncle!
- The romance was slow-building and hot- my favourite type.
- The MCs were fun, geeky and endearing. The chemistry between them was palpable and in spite of some drama I liked them a lot.
- The story gives us a glimpse in the world of authors- all the positive and negative sides. I think that most of the people (including myself once) don't consider writing as a proper job, more of a hobby and some of those who do probably think of it as an easy and overpaid job, but being a blogger and devoted reader gives you a totally new perspective. Just like this story. Becoming a writer takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice (especially of your personal life) and of course talent. Even when you do become one and publish your first book- the success is not granted. The sole fact that some of the most famous names of the literature became famous after their death is a big proof. Nowadays, with the all modern technology, is definitely a lot easier to get your name and book out there, but it still doesn't mean an instant 7 numbers contract , and that's why we all should appreciate more the effort the authors make.
- Special treat for fans of friends-to-lovers/ younger guy ft. older guy romance.
- I loved the ending!
- I liked the first half of the story slightly better than the 2nd one. That's because I felt that the story was dragging in the 2nd half (60 %-80 %) and that some developments of the plot were repetitive and unnecessary.
- This was fairly a light read, especially when it comes to these authors and while I did enjoy it, I think I prefer more their darker reads. While it wasn't cheesy at all, it was maybe a bit too romantic for my taste.
All in all, Voinov and Witt can't do wrong in my book. I liked it a lot, even though it's not one of my favourite reads by these authors, but I think that the fans with be pleased.
* Arc provided by Riptide Publishing via Netgalley in exchange for honest review.
OMG. Yessss! I haven't read a book from this pairing in a while! And this author/fan type is right up my alley...right up everyone's alley, for that matter. Lol.ReplyDelete
Lol...Agree! I haven't read a book with this type of pairing until this book. It was good, try it! :)Delete
This sounds good, the MC's sound really sweet, and it does sound like it would be enlightening to find out more about life as an author :)ReplyDelete
Yes, it was a really sweet and romantic story and it gives you a totally new perspective about the world of authors.Delete
Thanks for stopping by!:)