Buy the book:
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publication date: December 3rd 2015, Hocus Pocus Publishing
My rating: 3 stars
"Watch Me…The first book in New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Cynthia Eden’s sexy new romantic suspense series…DARK OBSESSION.
He was hired to protect her.
Watching gorgeous Gwen Hawthorne wasn’t a hard job—but it certainly was tempting. Chance Valentine had tried to keep his distance from the sexy socialite for years, but when her father hired him to keep watch on her—as a twenty-four, seven bodyguard—Chance knew his control was about to be pushed to the limit.
He’d never wanted another woman the way he desired her. Hot. Intense. Consuming. Being so close to Gwen, Chance knew that he wouldn’t be able to resist her. So he gave into his need, her need, and he took them both to the edge of a dark and consuming desire.
But Chance soon realizes that he isn’t the only one watching Gwen. Someone else is out there, a stalker who won’t rest until Gwen is destroyed. Every day, every moment…Gwen is in danger. And Chance knows that if he can’t unmask the stalker, then he may just lose the only woman he has ever loved."
I finally found courage to give Cynthia Eden another chance, especially because I started to read romantic suspense novels lately, and I really hoped that this book would turn out to be a great read. It was fun and quick, but unfortunately, I did have few issues.
- Watch Me is a perfect choice is you want shorter book that will distract you from everyday problems. You will see that you will read it rather quickly because you just have to know what will happen next.
- Chemistry. Second chance romance and dominant bastards we love to hate. This book has it all. Have you read Masters and Mercenaries series by Lexi Blake? Watch Me might remind you a little bit f that series (but without Doms and other kinky stuff).
- If you are not fan of suspense/ thriller /mystery novels where main focus is on crime, this will work out for you - Cynthia Eden is all about romance.
- Everything happens too fast. I wish that author took time to develop plot more thoughtfully and not just give us glimpses of whys and hows.
- Stereotypes and cliches. This book is full of them, from characters to their interaction.
- Predictable. You pretty much know what will happen from the start which doesn't mean that you won enjoy reading this book.
Who should read this?
Fans of light suspense and everyone who liked previous books by Cynthia Eden.
*ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!*