Jul 21, 2014

Take (Temptation, #2) by Ella Frank

Buy The Book:

Author's Page:

Genre:
Contemporary MM Romance/ Erotica

Summary on Goodreads:

TAKE – verb: to reach for and hold in one’s hands or get into one’s possession, power or control. 

Logan Mitchell is a man who’s always been more than happy to take what he wants. It’s a philosophy that’s proven lucrative in both his business and personal life, and never was it more apparent than the night he laid eyes on Tate Morrison. After pulling out all the stops and convincing the sexy bartender to give him a try—he’s hooked. 
Now, Logan finds himself in a predicament that demands more from him than a smart-ass answer and his innate ability to walk away when things get too deep. 
He has a choice to make, and it’ll force him to do something he’s never done before—take a chance.

Tate Morrison knows all about taking a chance. He took the biggest one of his life the night he showed up at Logan’s apartment to explore his unexpected reaction to the man. 
Ever since then, he’s thought about little else.
At first he was convinced his attraction was based solely on his body’s curiosity. But the more time he spends with the silver-tongued lawyer, the more Tate realizes that their physical chemistry is only the beginning. 
He’s starting to catch a glimpse of what life with Logan would be like, and it’s one full of excitement and satisfaction—a far cry from what he had in the past with his soon to be ex-wife.

Each man will face their fears as they begin to understand the true meaning of give and take. Their feelings for one another will be tested, as will their very beliefs. But now that they’ve found love where they least expected it, will they be brave enough to reach out and take it?

RATING:


***REVIEW***

"You make me crazy and furious and out of my mind with need, 
but in the end, you make me so fucking happy.
I can't ever remember feeling this way.
And no one is going to tell me it's wrong.
No one."

To all of you who have been complaining that the 1st book=>Try (Temptation, #1)  was only about sex and no emotions which I don't agree, all I can say is- TAKE THAT! Yes, there was a lot of hot as hell/ R rated sex scenes in this book as well, but above all there was a lot of love & emotional, swoon-worthy moments that made me fall in love with this book and its MCs all over again.

After the way things ended in the 1st book I must admit that I had my doubts about this installment thinking that nothing can top the awesomeness of the 1st book and that I might not even like it that much, but I was so wrong. Logan & Tate (especially Logan) became without a doubt one of my favorite mm couples ever <3! The story picks up right after the ending of the 1st one with Tate & Logan getting to know each other without putting a label on it, but there's no doubt that they are only getting closer and closer and I loved every second of it. 

There's this intense, crazy, passionate, I-can't-get-enough-of you sex, but behind it all are warm, fuzzy, butterfly-inducing feelings and the more they spend time together and open to each other the more intense those feelings are becoming. And then, there is fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of letting your barriers down and getting hurt, fear of giving all of you to someone and getting nothing in return, fear of losing everything that matters. I mean, the story made me so happy, emotional and swoon like crazy and I kept hugging my reader like an obsessed mm fangirl that I'm and feeling relived that no one can see me in my state of questionable mental stability, lol. Yup, it was that bad, or actually that good. 

In Try,#1 we have all met Logan as the alpha predator: strong, cocky, possessive, calculating, controlling who always gets what he wants, or better said- whom he wants and then he moves on his next prey without a second thought, but he finally found his match in Tate. He makes him lose all that control which leaves him vulnerable. He makes him feel what  faces him again with one of his biggest fears- to feel and to lose again. And then there's the adorable, brave, equally strong Tate who is all new to this- being in a relationship and with a guy for the first time who managed to turn his world upside down in only two weeks what was the best thing that had happened to him, but at the same time it could cost him the one thing that always had his back- his family.

Is their love strong enough or even worth of the risk both of them are doomed to face in the near future?
Read the book & find out.

And now, a little bit of Logan's dirty, naughty mouth/ awesomeness:

"Yes, that's what I want.
You. 
The dirtier, the fucking better."

"Really? On a plane? But there's no room."
He watched Logan as he turned back to face The Spirit of America.
"It certainly was a tight fit."

"Puppies are cute. Babies are cute..." Logan took his hand off the counter to run his fingers over the top of Tate's thigh and informed him:"I'm not cute."
"Do you usually have this kind of reaction to puppies Tate?"

And these are only the more "appropriate" bits ;). Damn, that guy & his dirty mouth...I love Tate, but if I would have to choose between them it would always be Logan. He is this intense, fierce, arrogant alpha dirty talker that can be hands-full at times, but there's also this soft and endearing side of him that will make you fall for him with every next page. My favorite dirty talker for sure.

The 1st 80 % of the book was pure perfection for me. I was certain that I'll rate it with 5 stars, but then this last 20 %  happened where I felt that some situations kept repeating themselves and my initial excitement kind of weakened. It wasn't exactly a bad thing, it just started to feel that the story was going in circles and I waited for something big to happened, anything, and then it did and unfortunately it was also the last page of the book, but it was a cliffhanger I could live with, just like in the 1st book.

But, either way, this book made me very happy and I have no doubts that it will do the same thing to every Temptation Series fan. I highly recommend it to every mm fan who loved Try, #1 and every mm fan in need of an intense & passionate GFY mm romance with no bigger drama. Book 3, I'm impatiently waiting for you :)...

He slipped his palm into Tate's and moved in closer to whisper,
"In case I get busy in there and don't say it, thank you."
"For?" Tate asked as his eyes softened.
Logan squeezed his fingers, and as they started walking inside,
he answered,"Always being willing to try."



XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I downloaded the first book after reading how good it is, so I'm pleased to hear that the second book is good too, even if the last 20% was slightly off. Excited to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my fav mm series for sure,hope you're gonna like it too *fingers crossed*.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...