Apr 27, 2014

Seven Sons (Gypsy Brothers, #1) by Lili St. Germain

Buy The Book:

Author's Page:

Genre:
New Adult

Summary on Goodreads:

My father was most certainly NOT an innocent man. As the leader of the Gypsy Brothers MC, he was guilty of many things. But he died for a crime that he didn’t commit, framed by an enemy within who then stole his club and everything he had ever worked to protect.

Including my innocence.

When Dornan Ross framed my father, he set into motion a series of events that could never be undone. My father was murdered by Dornan Ross and his sons when I was fifteen years old.

Before my father died, Dornan Ross and his seven sons stole my innocence, branded my skin and in doing so, ensured that their lives would be prematurely cut short. That they would suffer.

I've just turned twenty-one, and I’m out for blood. I'm out for revenge.

But I didn't expect to fall for Jase, the youngest brother in the club.

I didn't expect that he would turn my world upside down, yank my heart out of my chest and ride away into the sunset with it.

Now, I'm faced with an impossible choice - Jase, or avenging my fathers death?

RATING:


***Review***

Confucius said: "Before embarking upon a journey of revenge, 
dig two graves."
I planned to dig seven.



Do I even have to say that  the first thing which dragged my attention to this book is the way-too-hot cover ? And then I read the intriguing blurb and next thing you know I was off to get the book.

Dark. Edgy. Brutal. Dirty. Steamy. Mind-fuck.


The story and mystery behind it captivates you from the first page. Warning to all of those considering reading this- if you are not fans of books with more darker themes which will from time to time question your sanity and morality, then you should probably stay away from this book. Do you watch the  ABC show  Revenge ? Well, it has some things in common with that show, but that show is a fairy tale in comparison to this story.

The main character of the book is 20 something years old girl Juliette who is born in the cruel gangsta world as the daughter of one of its leaders. The fact which in time will cost her everything, destroy her life. The person she once was is gone and instead Samantha is born. A girl who has one goal only in her mind: r e v e n g e and she will sell her soul in order to get it.

Woah! I was definitely not expecting the story to be this dark and brutal before reading it and yet again I liked it a lot, because it was different and unpredictable. Julliette is a character I really liked, even though I think that some of the readers won't, because of the things she will do in order to get her revenge. I wasn't comfortable with *that* particular thing either, but for me it made the story more believable and I think that it was very brave from the author to take that risk, because it might be a deal-breaker for some readers, but  it wasn't for majority according to GR rating and I'm glad for that. You just can't go through all of that and come out normal. My only thought for her while reading was: Make them pay! And Jase, sweet Jase, I don't know, I'm still undecided about you. How could you stay there all those years after what happened it's beyond me! We'll see if you are worth of forgiveness after I read next books.

The only problem I had with this story is that it is quite short (92 pages) and that's why some situations felt rushed while some were left unexplained with some loopholes, but it intrigued me enough to read the two next books (reviews coming soon) right away after this one and what can I promise is that it only gets better. I recommend it to all fans of dark reads. IT'S FREE ON AMAZON! Go get it, buckle up & prepare for one hell of a ride ;)



xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I love a good dark read from time to time and I am a huge fan on Revenge so I think I would actually really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently started to watch the first season, about 5 episodes to finish it and I like it a lot. Just have in mind that this book is darker than that show. Hope you're gonna like it :)

      Delete
  2. This looks like a good one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome :). Hope you're gonna like it if you decide to read it.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Oh boy. That little snippet, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Just imagine what the book is like :D

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are some more books like this? I loved them and the next isn't until July! I need something to hold me over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read the 4th one and loved it :D

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...