Jan 5, 2016

Purple's Top Reads Of 2015


Hi everyone, long time no see! :) 

First of all, I hope you had a blast for Christmas and holidays in general just as I did and may your every day of New Year glow with love, health, happiness and of course great books. The only flaw of 2015 for me was the fact I had almost no free time for blogging, reading or catching up with you guys these past few months because of work and real life. Yup, I haven't read a single book for 3 months and it was... a torture. The only positive thing were the zeros on my bank account, lol, but other than that I missed you and my reader's life tremendously!

But vacation time has come at last and I'm finally able to find my reading mojo again. I'm back and expect to hear from me very soon. Can't wait to see what you did/read while I was awol.

Love,

Purple


My Top Reads Of 2015


~ As I said, due to real life I haven't read a lot of books in 2015 (around 70), but here are the ones which left the biggest impression on me as a reader and which I strongly recommend:


1. THE BLACK WOLF (In the Company of Killers, #5) By J. A. Redmerski 

Genre:

Thriller/ Romantic Suspense



Buy The Book:

AMAZON 


Connect With The Author:


*Add It On GR


PURPLE'S RATING: 5/5 STARS 
"The story was dark, gripping, action-packed, suspenseful and twisted with some unexpected and jaw-dropping twists as always. J. R. Redmerski keeps mindfucking us messing with our heads and in the best possible way... ...
Highly recommended to every fan of dark, romantic and suspenseful thrillers and fans of TV shows like Nikita. This series is a must-read!"

“To be human means to always go with your heart. The moment you betray your heart is the moment you lose everything.”

BEATRIX' RATING: 5/5 STARS 
"I wanted a book about Niklas since forever (okay, since book #1 – I was always curious about him and I thought there’s more to him than what he showed to the world). And now we finally got it and it was everything I wanted and more. If you’re already a fan of this series, and you approved of the direction things took in Seeds of Iniquity, you’re gonna love this!"

 ~ Check out my and Beatrix' buddy-read review on WTHB !!!


2. Black Iris By Leah Raeder 

Genre:
Thriller/ Contemporary / Romance

Buy The Book:
Connect With The Author:







  

Purple's RATING: 5/5 STARS 
"Without spoiling anything all I can say is that Black Iris is one dark, gripping, twisted, riveting, poignant, thought-provoking page-turner which will leave you speechless after every new unpredictable twist of the story. What's special and compelling about this book is the fact that the main character Laney is nor the heroine nor the true villain. The lines between good and evil get blurred and disputable, at times over-weighing on one and at other times on the other side, therefore messing with our heads all over again and of course I loved it, the weirdo that I am... ...
The writing was supreme. One of the most highlighted books in my collection.
Highly recommended to every fan of dark thrillers/mindfucks."

“Strength is not in the body, it’s in the mind. It doesn’t lie in flexing your muscles and crushing those who oppose you. It lies in being the last one standing. By any means. At any cost.”

Beatrix' RATING: 5/5 STARS  
"Revenge. Suspense. Ecstasy. Sex. BLACK IRIS was my most anticipated book of 2015, and it did not disappoint. That’s saying a lot since I’m a huge fan of Leah Raeder and I’ve been craving this book basically since I’ve read Unteachable back in 2013 when it was first published. In my opinion Raeder is a true artist when it comes to the art of words. I feel as if she sees the world with different eyes and then transforms that onto the page and gives us her more poetic, vivid, and colorful version of reality... ... 
This is the kind of novel which will definitely make you question everything. Not only will you constantly be on the edge of your seat with questions such as: what is happening; but this book will also make you question your beliefs and morals. "

"I’m the black iris watered by poison. The wolf that raised its head among sheep and devoured its way, ruthless and bloody, to freedom. I never forgave, never forgot."

~ Check out my and Beatrix' buddy- read review on WTHB!!!


3.  Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8) By Nalini Singh


Genre: Urban Fantasy/ PNR Romance
Buy The Book:  

Connect With The Author:

Goodreads / Blog / Twitter / Facebook
 
*Add It On Goodreads

 Purple's RATING: 4.5/ 5 stars
"The newest installment in the Guild Hunter series by N. Singh only confirms my thoughts that it will be pretty hard to find urban fantasy/pnr romance series as awesome as this one. We are on the 8th book and I'm still in love with the story as I was the first time I gave it a shot a couple of years ago. Nassir's book pretty much fulfilled all my expectations and it was definitely worth of the long waiting. 
Once again it had everything I prefer when it comes to this genre- dark, gripping, action-packed, emotional, suspenseful and entertaining plot with amazing characters and epic, passionate romance... ...Highly recommended to every urban fantasy/ pnr fan!" 

"You have secrets," he said slowly. "You wear another skin, too."

~ Check out my review on WTHB!!! 

4. Hidden Bodies (You #2) by Caroline Kepnes 

Expected publication: February 23rd 2016 
by Atria/Emily Bestler Books

Genre: Psychological Thriller/ Suspense 

Buy The Book: 
Book Depository / Amazon / Kobo / B & N

Connect With The Author:  
Goodreads * FB * Twitter

* Add It On GR



MY RATING: 4.5/ 5 STARS
"Anyone looking for a well-written, complex, but fascinating story from the pov of a villain, search no more and give a shot to this series. I liked the first book, BUT I loved this one. After the gory ending of You (You, #1) Joe's unfortunate and deadly search for love continues. Will he finally meet his true match this time or will his darkest secrets come to the surface and be his downfall? Buy the book and find out!" 

~ Check out my review on WTHB!


xoxo,
Purple

8 comments:

  1. I loved two of those too! :D I hope to love Hidden Bodies, once I read it. :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope our next buddy read will be a winner too! :) *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  2. Hey! Glad to see you back! I hope you had a nice break. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy! It's good to be back. :)

      Delete
  3. Oo Black Iris is on my tbr pile. Yay for loving that one so hard! Hope you're having a great 2016 so far :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you'll think about it! :)

      Delete
  4. Black Iris was on mine too. I still need to read Hidden Bodies. I miss Joe. lol. Great list. Hope you get to read more soon,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christy, hope you'll like Hidden Bodies too!

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...