Feb 18, 2015

ARC Review: One Percenter (Noir et Bleu Motorcycle Club #1) by D.R. Graham

Buy the book:

Genre: New Adult Romance
Expected publication date: February 23rd 2015

Book summary: 

"99% of bikers obey the law. The other 1% make their own...
Eighteen-year-old Tienne Desrochers grew up in the rough world of the Noir et Bleu Motorcycle Club. Bikers. Family. Outlaws. But after her dad's murder, Tienne decides she's had enough. She refuses to end up like her drug-addicted mom. So she grabs her younger brother and leaves it all behind...including her boyfriend, Aiden Gyllenhall.

More comfortable in the middle of a bar fight than at a country club, living with her wealthy aunt and uncle is an adjustment, to say the least. No swearing. Designer shoes that pinch. And charming corporate types like Leland Crofton instead of super-sexy, tattooed Aiden. But even the upper class can't escape the toxic touch of underworld violence. And this time, Tienne won't just learn who she really is—she'll learn who has her back."


 My rating: 2 stars
This is so not MC book.
It's more teen angst melodrama. I didn't want to read that.

5 reasons why I didn't like One Percenter:

  1. The story. After reading book summary I was sure that I might like it. And then I started reading it. Whole thing is completely unbelievable and full of plot holes. Eighteen years old girl finds herself on the crossroads between her old life with dangerous Noir et Bleu Motorcycle Club and new one with the social elite and country club parties. Sounds good, right? Unfortunately, poor world building and lack of secondary characters development made One Percenter big failure.
  2. Main female character. Tienne Desrochers suffers from Jenny from the Block syndrome. You do remember that song? J.Lo posing like girl from the hood despite all her money and fame? *snorts* Yeah, right... Well, Tienne has the same problem - she believes that she is much more important than she actually is.
  3. Love triangle. Just horrible! It was like reading Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde all over again.
  4. I didn't feel any chemistry between characters. 
  5. It was rushed from the beginning to the end.

This is just my opinion, so maybe you will like it more than I did. It just that I don't have patience for teenage drama queens.

*ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

1 comment:

  1. The blurb looked good, so I'm glad you shared your thoughts with us ;)


We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...