Sep 14, 2013

Capture & Surrender (Market Garden, #5) by L.A. Witt & Aleksandr Voinov

Buy The Book:

Author's Page:

Genre:
Adult Fiction/ MM erotica

Summary on Goodreads:

Ever since his partner died, Frank has resigned himself to staying single. He wards off the loneliness by spending time with friends on the paintball field and running his high-end brothel, the Market Garden.

After one of his most lucrative rentboys quits, Frank is thrilled when a gorgeous replacement walks through the door. A former US soldier, Stefan is hot, bold, and perfect for the Market Garden’s clientele, especially those with a thing for camouflage and drill sergeants. He's perfect for Frank, too, except Frank has a rule about not getting involved with his own rentboys.

During a frisky game of paintball, Stefan makes it clear that he doesn't care about the rules. Not the rules of the game, and definitely not Frank's refusal to get involved. He captures Frank on the field using stealth and cunning, and makes it clear that he’ll do anything to keep a hold of him off the field too.

RATING:


***REVIEW***

***Arc provided via Netgalley in exchange for honest review***

L. A. Witt & Aleksandr Voinov, what can I say, except that I love your dirty mind!
Where do you get these crazy ideas- it's beyond me.

I started reading Market Garden Series, because I wanted a short, sexy & drama-free read after one book which left me completely emotionally drained, and I wanted it to be a MM romance, so after reading A. Voinov's Dark Soul Series which blew my mind, I knew it had to be smth by him. At first I was a bit unsure if this is a right read for me- I mean- brothel & rentboys, because I usually avoid books where the characters have multiple sex-partners, where everything revolves around sex and where there's no actual story, but the first four books in the series are short stories, so I decided to give it a chance.
The stories should be read in this order, because the first two are focused on one couple: Tristan & Jared, and the second two on another one: Nick & Spencer:

1.  Quid Pro Quo (Market Garden, #1), 42 pages long
My Rating: 4 Way-Too-Hot STARS!!!

2. Take It Off (Market Garden, #2), 47 pages
My Rating: 5 WAY-TOO-HOT-STARS!!!My favorite story in the series- damn this was hot!!!
3. If It Flies (Market Garden, #3) , 139 pages
My rating: 3 stars
3. If It Fornicates  (Market Garden, #4), 260 pages
My Rating: Haven't read it yet, because I was too excited to read this one.

What to say about these stories except than they are fun & definitely way-too-hot, in fact- beside Dark Soul Series, they are the hottest MM books I ever read.
While the first three stories where more sexy types of reads, this book was also very emotional.
I't's a story about Frank, the owner of  the Market Garden, and Stefan, a former Us soldier and a new rent-boy. Frank is still struggling to move on with his life after he lost his partner to AIDS. He's especially careful about the people who he lets in his life, avoiding relationships completely, because of one secret only his closest friends know which keeps him from having a normal life, but then, one day one hot-as-hell, former Us soldier walks into his bar, applies for the job of the new rent-boy and makes him reconsider his decisions.  From the moment they set their eyes on each other, there's this undeniable chemistry between them and no matter how much Frank tries to push him away, Stefan isn't the type of a guy  to give up on things, especially on things he really wants and he wants Frank, so the hunt begins.

And when I say hunt, I literally mean it, because the characters of this book engage in a more, hm, how to explain it, I guess- more "modern" & definitely more fun (read- more kinky) type of paintball (at least I never heard of it up until now, but where can I apply xD) , where the person who gets caught gets to be "punished" by the person who caught him who also decides on the type of the punishment, and these punishments were...damn, let's just say- I would let Stefan win every time.

This book also deals with some heavy issues like: prostitution and AIDS. It's a love story, but one kinky love story including orgies, one sexy threesome etc., so if you can't deal with it- this is not  a book for you.
I have a confession to make: I have a thing for MM military books, so when I saw that one of the characters is a soldier- I knew I had to have this book and I definitely don't regret it. A big thank you to the publishers to grant me an Arc copy for review. I highly recommend it to every MM fan!

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...