Aug 16, 2013

Unravel Me (Unravel me, #1) by Kendall Ryan

Buy The Book:

Author's Page:

Genre:
Contemporary Romance/ Adult

Summary on Goodreads:

Psychology student Ashlyn Drake’s neat, orderly life takes a turn for the crazy when she finds the perfect subject for her amnesia thesis – a young man without any memory of his previous life, including the murder he’s accused of committing. 

Against all common sense, Ashlyn’s drawn to him like a moth to a flame. Perhaps it’s that he’s so incredibly male, and even handcuffed to his hospital bed he could pass for a cologne ad – Scent de Insanity. Or perhaps it’s because she’s spent too many lonely nights studying. Either way, she’s determined to help him solve the mystery of his past. She begins to unravel who he was before, using his cryptic tattoos, and his paintings that scream of a dark past as her only clues. When she finally learns his secret there’s no telling which one is the real him, the gentle lover she’s fallen for or the troubled man with a dark past.

My Rating:


***REVIEW***

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam tibi.
“I will either find a way or make one.”

This book had a lot of potential, there are some pretty good ideas, but IMO the problem is- they aren't well-written and lacked imagination, but I think that the author has potential to improve considering that this is her first book. There is just something missing, some parts felt unfinished and left unsaid, especially when it comes to the background of the main characters. I felt that we were given only pieces, but mostly left in the dark about some important information, considering both plot and characters. The beginning was kind of shaky. It has lots of ups and downs and lots of me *eye-rolling* at some parts which I consider totally unnecessary and illogical and there were some grammar and plot mistakes.

“I trust you.” “If you knew what I thought about….you wouldn't trust me.” My heart strummed in my chest. “What do you think about?” “All the things I want to do to you, but can’t.”

What really bothered me was the lack of character development, especially the main female character Ashlyn. She started off as a strong and intelligent young woman, but as the story progressed she turned out to be just the opposite and her behavior really started to annoy me in the second half of the book. Even the main male character Aiden didn't impress me that much except, of course, his physical appearance. I could understand his worries and insecurities, because he had amnesia, but at some point it just felt that he was manipulating and using her and he was using his state to cover that and what really annoyed me is that she let him do that with no objections. I'm just not a fan of weak, naive and immature characters with no attitude. I mean, who is?

There were some interesting and fun parts that I enjoyed and the hot scenes weren't that bad, but as I said they need improvement. I considered giving it 3 stars, but the ending of the book which again felt rushed and left many things undone decided it for me. I think that this book would appeal to readers who are beginners when it comes to this genre and who don't spend much time reading as I do. Considering all the great books I read so far I can't give it more than 2/2.5 stars.
I knew him better than anyone. I knew he was kind, and sweet, and hard working. And that he liked steamed milk in his coffee and that if I was ever in a trivia game involving history questions, I’d make damn sure he was on my team. I knew that he made me incredibly hot, and nothing would change my mind about wanting to be with him.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...