Aug 27, 2013

Dark Soul: The Complete Collection (Dark Soul, #1-5) by Aleksandr Voinov


                                  

Buy The Book:

Author's Page:

Genre:
Adult Fiction/ MM Dark Erotica

Summary on Goodreads:

Love lights even the darkest soul.

A killer's moral compass rarely points true, and among made men, being gay is a capital crime. But Silvio Spadaro, deadly prodigy and heir to a Family fortune, is determined to find his own way--at the feet of the man he loves or by the barrel of a gun--no matter the dangers or costs.

Stefano Marino lives a comfortable--some might even say enviable--life. As a mob boss at the top of the food chain, he has it all: money, respect, a beautiful wife he loves as much now as the day they wed. But he also has a turf war on his hands, and far too soft a heart for this dark business.

When Silvio is sent to help Stefano with his turf war, sparks fly. Stefano loves his wife, but he wants Silvio. It's a desire he hardly knows how to process, but Silvio, ever the patient predator, maneuvers Stefano closer and closer to his bed each day. Stefano resists; giving in to these dark desires means giving up on his marriage, and exposure would surely mean death. Yet there's no denying Silvio's magnetic pull, or the long-repressed urges inside himself. Yielding is inevitable, but he may yet find a way to hold on to everything--and everyone--he loves.

Rating:


***Review***

I've been planning for a long time to read smth by Aleksandr Voinov  for two reasons:
1. He's  an MM author and as you know I'm a new MM fan, plus his books are mostly dark reads- hurray!
2. According to my GR friends he excels at it.

At first I was undecided which of his books should I start with, but after reading the blurb and seeing the beautiful covers for his Dark Soul series there was simply no other choice for me. The Dark Soul Series is a collection of 5 short stories, each of them no more than 60-80 pages long and they should be be read in the corresponded reading order:

1.  Dark Soul Vol. 1 (Dark Soul, #1)
2. Dark Soul Vol. 2 (Dark Soul, #2)
3. Dark Soul Vol. 3 (Dark Soul, #3)
4. Dark Soul Vol. 4 (Dark Soul, #4)
5. Dark Soul Vol. 5 (Dark Soul, #5)

What can I say about these stories except- they blew my mind !!! And I can definitely confirm the second reason I read this- Aleksandr Voinov is one of those writers  that make you wish  you could write as good as them. I can honestly say that I have never read a story like this, more-soever there were some really heavy issues in these stories, and even though I'm a big fan of dark  & edgy reads, if I knew for one of those "issues" (it was in Dark Vol. 3) in particular I think I would  probably never have read this, but I'm glad that I didn't. All I can say is that Aleksandr Voinov is one of those powerful writers whose writing style is so good that it can make you read anything.

Dark.
Raw.
Brutal.
Promiscuous.
Dirty.
Dangerous.
Primitive.
Powerful.
Sensual.
Erotic.
Wrong On So Many Levels.

Welcome To The Infamous World Of Italian Mafia And Their Deadly Bosses!
Warning: Before you step in-  leave all your moral issues aside & be prepared to question your own sanity.
"In that pale face lurked the blackest, darkest eyes Stefano had ever seen,
and lips like they'd been cut with a knife blades, perfect, sharp, and deadly."

The main character of these stories & the epitome of the phrase Anima Nera= Dark Soul Silvio Spadaro a.k.a Barracuda is one of the most intriguing & complex characters I've read about.
He is without a doubt the main reason I got irrevocably captivated by this story from the very beginning. 
Dark, calculated, sensual, mysterious & fucked-up beyond redemption, with too many skeletons in his closet, most of which will left you speechless or shocked.
An enigma you desperately want to solve, but deep down you know you never will.

"He didn't speak with a lisp or wave his hands 
around in a limp-wristed kind of way.
But something about him exuded sex like a cat in heat.
Knowing, tempting eyes that sucked all the light
from the room. Centers of gravity."

No more like a siren or succubus, as deadly
as he was tempting.

His character was fascinating beyond words. It's like, no matter  what he did, you just couldn't stop liking him, and he did some pretty bad stuff. There's just something compelling about him and everyone wants a piece. When it comes to sex- he's insatiable with both women and men falling in front of his feet and the only place he lets loose control is in the bedroom. What he wants is what he gets, and this time he set his eyes on Stefano Marino, one of the dangerous mob bosses and he won't stop until he gets him.
Just like everyone else Stefano is powerless to resist him, but the problem is- he is married and being homosexual in a world of mafia isn't welcomed at all, so by giving into his new-found desire could cost him everything he has.
The sex scenes in this book were...*takes a deep breath*...one of the hottest I've read about and definitely one of the dirtiest- this is after all dark erotica we're talking about, so expect the unexpected. 

He grabbed Silvio by the neck, and although even that hurt
and Silvio could have easily freed himself,
Silvio complied and bent frown, close enough that he felt the heat from Stefano's
breath through his pajamas. "How long have you wanted this?"
"Ever since that night I saw you."

Silvio's  lips parted. "Yeah, I'm into that, too,"
he whispered.
"Strangling?"
"Control. All kinds of control." And there was a plea in his eyes.
Control me.

Will Silvio be Stefano's doom?
Is someone as cold and dark as Silvio capable of love?
Buy this collection and find out!
My favorite character beside Silvio was Donata, Stefano's wife- one of those fearless women with attitude.  I was afraid of the ending, all kind of scenarios running through my head, but it was perfect, I loved it. My only objection is that it was short and it left me wanting for more. All in all, I highly recommend it to all fans of dark reads, especially of  fans of MM romance & dark erotica- what are you waiting for? This is it.

"Tell me to leave."
The barracuda's closing in for the kill.
"I wouldn't mean it." Stefano opened the shower door further...

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...