Feb 10, 2013

Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan


Book summary


"Eva Fox is the princess of the Silver Demons Motorcycle Club. Growing up with bikers in the club lifestyle is all that she knows. When she’s a young girl, Eva meets the reason for her existence. Deuce West is the sexy, biker bad-ass of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. Like Eva, he was born and raised in the club—but that’s where the similarities end. Their first meeting is innocent, but as Eva matures into a woman, their chance reunions evolve into a fit of lust and love. Fate continues to bring them together time and time again, but their twisted journey is filled with pain, betrayal, and bloodshed that could tear them apart. Eva sees in Deuce what he cannot see in himself—a man worthy of love—and Eva spends her lifetime proving to him that her undeniable love is the one thing he can’t live without.  
This is Eva and Deuce’s story.  
It wasn’t easy.
Nothing worth doing ever is.
And love is worth everything."

Glass is confused...
      I have this problem - I read one good book about certain subject, get obsessed, devour everything I find and realize it is not that special or good as first thought it would be. So, I did get my hopes too high. Last year it was kink, this year bikers. I loved Reaper's Property - it was different from anything I've read so far. But, now, I'm not so sure if that's 100% because of book itself or all the fun I had while reading and chatting with friends. I saw that lot of them gave Undeniable five or four stars and that they loved it. I picked it up and after first page I wanted to wash my eyes and scrub my brain.( I'll have to put some spoilers in this review, so if you're planning to read this book, consider yourself warned.) First time Eva and Deuce met, he was 23 and she was... five years old. Yes, five! I wanted to scream. And then even worse: five year old girl, just out of dippers for fuck sake, thinks how big and strong and pretty he is. And she's mesmerized with his blue eyes. Again, I wanted to scream and kick someone. But it didn't make me stop reading, I'm ashamed to admit. What it thought was:

       So, I said "fuck it". And it wasn't just me - that word and its variations could be found at least twice in every line. I think that someone even counted how many times it was mentioned. Lot of cussing, but I didn't mind it - it's just the way it is when it comes to any circles, subcultures involving image of big bad guys. I used to teach that type of boys, so I know it's nothing fabricated or unusual. Other thing - woman being called names and humiliated, again, nothing unusual. Do I find that kind of things offensive? Yes, but I understand it to some extent.
      What annoyed me the most was this typical "train wreck" love story - everything is messed up, they are "beautiful disaster", it's ugly and hurtful most of the time, but when they are together everything comes on the right place. Actually, that is the whole plot of Undeniable. Twenty five years of Eva and Deuce's relationship.
      But don't get me wrong. I didn't hate this book. If I did, I wouldn't have finished it. It got really interesting after  40% and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. That's why I slept late this morning and I still haven't even started grading two hundred quizzes.
      One thing is sure - Madeline Sheehan knows how to write. She sucked me in her book completely  and made me feel something while I read it. I know that book is really bad if it doesn't make any difference for me if I read it or not, and I just had to finish Undeniable. I'm not big fan of virgins in my books, so you can guess which parts annoyed me the most, I was mad, I wanted beat the shit out of their asses, some part made me panting and others just left me speechless.
       I will probably read other books in this series. Sometimes you can't help yourself and I can't help myself when it comes to dark, twisted stories.

Until next time, 
xo

1 comment:

  1. Another one that's sitting patiently on my shelf, waiting for me to finally read it.
    Dark & twisted... gotta love it, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...