May 14, 2016

Review: ONE WITH YOU (Crossfire, #5) by Sylvia Day

One with You by Sylvia Day


 Gideon Cross. Falling in love with him was the easiest thing I've ever done. It happened instantly. Completely. Irrevocably.

Marrying him was a dream come true. Staying married to him is the fight of my life. Love transforms. Ours is both a refuge from the storm and the most violent of tempests. Two damaged souls entwined as one.

We have bared our deepest, ugliest secrets to one another. Gideon is the mirror that reflects all my flaws ... and all the beauty I couldn't see. He has given me everything. Now, I must prove I can be the rock, the shelter for him that he is for me. Together, we could stand against those who work so viciously to come between us.

But our greatest battle may lie within the very vows that give us strength. Committing to love was only the beginning. Fighting for it will either set us free ... or break us apart.

Heartbreakingly and seductively poignant, One with You is the breathlessly awaited finale to the Crossfire® saga, the searing love story that has captivated millions of readers worldwide.




 Review

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Crossfire and I, we've had our ups and downs. There were times when it went on my nerves so much I wondered why I kept reading it. I could go all day listing all the things about this series I wish were done differently, but in the end, despite everything, I'd still say I liked it and I would mean it. I'm a Gideon Cross fan, and there's no denying that. I'm such a fan of his that I pre-ordered a paperback copy of One with You months ago -- it was a birthday present from me for me.

I tried not to have great expectations for One with You, but Captivated by You made me hopeful for the final part. That it would be the longest one yet was happy news. What I read was all right, but not as satisfying as I had hoped it would be. I guess when you have a five-book series about one couple following their relationship in the span of only a few months, it was as good as it gets. A few months... I still can't believe to them it's still the same summer, and I've been reading about them for three and a half years. Crazy...

Gideon and Eva were in a much better place in One with You. Finally! They were less crazy, and more like a stable married couple. The slightly insane women in their lives still threw curveballs at them, but they withstood it all like champions. That was progress.

Progress was also made on the Gideon's family front. Gideon making peace with most of his family, it was really nice.


There were many times in the past I thought if you took out all the sex scenes from these books, you wouldn't have much left. Well, One with You is different in that regard, and this time around I wish there was more sex in it. On the one hand, great for Gideon and Eva for proving they can keep their hand off each other for a little while, but on the other... what a shame... I've read many stories by Sylvia Day, and the last thing I'd expect to say about her book is that it should have had more sex scenes in it, but here we are.

I'd say one of the reasons I missed Gideon's skills in the bedroom department is that I didn't find the rest all that interesting. Some of it, like the whole Monica deal, had me wondering why that was even necessary. I've had a less than favorable opinion of her from day one, but still, was this really necessary? I don't think it was.

In the 462 pages of One with You Gideon and Eva matured as a couple, story lines were wrapped up, though I wouldn't say there weren't loose ends left, and the epilogue was more of a regular chapter. My favorite part in this installment was Gideon with his new little roommate -- they were enough to make this book worth reading. And let's face it, the only reason I kept on reading this series, the reason I liked it, and the reason I have all five books on my bookshelf is Gideon Cross.

Gideon Cross made it all worthwhile.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...