Jan 7, 2013

The Space Between Us by Megan Hart

Buy the book:
Author's Web-Page:


GENRE:
Contemporary Romance/ Erotica

RATING:


SUMMARY ON GOODREADS:

Tesla Martin is drifting pleasantly through life, slinging lattes at Morningstar Mocha, enjoying the ebb and flow of caffeine-starved customers, devoted to her cadre of regulars. But none of the bottomless-cup crowd compares with Meredith, a charismatic force of nature who can coax intimate tales from even the shyest of Morningstar's clientele.

Caught in Meredith's sensual, irresistible orbit, inexpressibly flattered by the siren's attention, Tesla shares long-buried chapters of her life, holding nothing back. Nothing Meredith proposes seems impossible—not even Tesla sleeping with Meredith's husband, Charlie, while she looks on. After all, it's all in fun, isn't it?

In a heartbeat, vulnerable Tesla is swept into a spectacular love triangle. Together, gentle, grounded Charlie and sparkling, maddening Meredith are everything Tesla has ever needed, wanted, or dreamed of, even if no one else on earth understands. They're three against the world
.

But soon one of the vertices begins pulling away until only two points remain—and the space between them gapes with confusion, with grief and with possibility….

***MY REVIEW***

"Everyone has a story..."

"Stories end, but life doesn’t. Not just because you lose the person you love. Life keeps going. You might cry yourself to sleep every night and wake up in the morning still weeping, but life moves forward in seconds that turn to minutes, minutes to hours, hours to days."


Only Megan Hart can "make me" read books that deal with themes with which I'm not comfortable with or with which I have, let's say, issues or prejudices in a way and to make me actually like them.
And why is that you wonder? Well, the answer is pretty simple and I probably said it billion times already, but I don't think it will ever be enough to express the amazing writing style of this author. Her books just keep getting better and better. The Space Between Us is another very emotional book with flawed and messed-up characters with a past and present lifestyles which are anything but perfect. 
These characters make a lot of wrong choices, but after hearing their life-story, piece by piece, we begin to understand why they behave the way they behave and can't, but feel sympathy towards them.
The main character of this book is Tesla Martin and the story is told from her point of view. She is in her mid-twenties and working as a waitress in Morningstar Mocha. She may seem as your ordinary type of girl, but the more we learn about her we see that her life was anything but ordinary, especially after reading flashbacks from her childhood. She had a fucked-up childhood which had a big influence on her growing up in a insecure and a bit naive young woman who above all wants to find love and be loved, but she ends up always looking it at the wrong places.

“It’s just…there’s this space between us. This big wide space. And I don’t know what to do with it.” We fill it, I want to tell him, but say nothing. The words won’t come. If I can’t kiss him, how on earth could I possibly tell him that I love him?"

She's been through a lot in her life, did some things she's not proud of, but you'll understand her in a way and want her to finally find happiness, but one day a woman called Meredith enters her cafe-bar and just like that her life turns another, more darker path again. Meredith is a very beautiful and seductive woman who becomes interested in Tesla and her life, sees her as someone special and Tesla soon becomes more and more infatuated with her and the attention she was giving her. 


“Maybe I have still waters, too.” She shook her head, playful. Charming.

 “No, honey, you’re more like a waterfall.” 

“Because I rush a lot?” I asked with a wink. 

“Nope. A thing of natural beauty with some treasure hidden behind it. C’mon, Tesla. Tell me. 

The craziest 
thing you’ve ever done.” There was no trying to deny her. What Meredith wanted, she’d have, and she made me want to give it to her.“


"It wasn’t the first time I’d heard her sound a little bored by the pain of others. She liked hearing stories, but mostly only the funny or exciting ones. Sad stories didn’t melt her butter."

So Meredith starts to visit her cafe-bar more often and they become very close, but the problem is- Tesla wants her even closer, but Meredith keeps playing with her and sending her mixed signals and she's not sure what are her real intentions, until one night Meredith invites her to dinner with her husband where them two make her an offer- an offer she knows is wrong to accept, but at the same time finds it hard to resist. Let's face it- people do lot of unexplained things out of loneliness and their need to be loved and accepted just like Tesla.

She was the Meredith I’d first met, sexy and spontaneous, and it should’ve been even better, since now, instead of mooning over her with a silly crush, I was actually in a relationship with her.
 I had not one gorgeous and attentive lover, but two. Why, then, did I feel so alone? 

This book was dark and moving. I was hooked from the first page. It made me question some of my beliefs and it broke my heart all over again. The hot scenes  were as usual over-the-top and well- written- this is after all Megan Hart were are talking about. The only thing which made me not rating this book with 5 stars is the ending. I was so not expecting that. After I read the last sentence I was so confused, I even thought I was missing pages. It just felt a bit unbelievable that things would end that way and I definitely didn't want them to end that way. I guess I was expecting something more, something unique, something more realistic and typical for Megan Hart and not just a  plain and kind of abrupt HEA, even though I know that most of the readers will be more than pleased with it. But no matter the ending, the book was very good and I highly recommend it to every emotional & kinky book-junkie out there;).

"I’m not a straight girl. I’m not a queer girl, either. I guess you could say I’m sexually fluid. 
Love comes in all shapes and flavors, and I just want to be able to taste them all."

"I just wanted to have some freedom. I wanted to be a little wild sometimes."

Hope You'll Enjoy The Book & Until Next Time
Purplebook



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...