Jul 21, 2013

The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1) By Tarryn Fisher

Buy The Book:

Author's Page:

Genre:
Contemporary Romance/ New Adult

Summary on Goodreads:

Olivia Kaspen has just discovered that her ex-boyfriend, Caleb Drake, has lost his memory. With an already lousy reputation for taking advantage of situations, Olivia must decide how far she is willing to go to get Caleb back. Wrestling to keep her true identity and their sordid past under wraps, Olivia’s greatest obstacle is Caleb’s wicked, new girlfriend; Leah Smith. It is a race to the finish as these two vipers engage in a vicious tug of war to possess a man who no longer remembers them. But, soon enough Olivia must face the consequences of her lies, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.

Rating:

***REVIEW***

*This book is one of my favorite masochist reads ever.

I feel like a piece of paper,
taken by the wind and blown in every direction.
 I am a victor in a way—a survivor. Because I
fought the monster in myself and I won. 
But what have I lost in the process?


Have you ever read a book and just knew from the first sentence that you're gonna like it? Well, this was that kind of book for me. I was hooked from the first sentence and couldn't put it down til' the very last page.


I lost him once because of my inner
rottenness. My lies started unraveling one 
after another until he was so weighed down by the
size of them, he looked me in the eyes and 
said goodbye forever. I remember feeling numb as I
watched him leave, and then for the rest of the day, 
until I realized he wasn’t coming back.
Ever.

This book is such an emotional mess and I'm a sucker for those. It's obviously a love story, but at the same time it's more than just your ordinary love story. It's about love and pain. It's about loss, about living in the past and memories, because you just can't let go. It's about The One That Got Away.
Sounds familiar? I think many of us can relate to this. From the beginning until the end you get pulled in the story and in the lives of the main characters. The characters aren't your perfect lovebirds, but people with flaws and issues, some of which you won't be comfortable with.The story is written in such a way where past and present events are mixed and you are in the dark about some important info until the very end and you feel this compulsive need to keep reading until you finally find out what really happened.

I think I could hear my heart beating so loud from the excitement throughout the whole book, because as much as you want to find out everything and finish the book, at the same time you are afraid of the outcome, because that *little voice* in your head is telling you that it can't be good. I loved almost every part of this book, especially the second half, even the ending. It didn't get 5 stars, because of some of the cheesy content in the first half and plot which made me think that that could happen only in the book. Highly recommend it to readers who are suckers for emotional books like me and every fan of Megan Hart.

I adore him. But he doesn’t have my heart. You can only give your heart away once, after that,
everything else will chase your first love.

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Such a great Book.! It is a mix combination of a hearth breaking yet powerful romance! I've read this months before but until now i cannot really get it out from my mind. Reading this whirlwind romance is like a roller coaster ride. Totally addictive!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...