May 25, 2013

Review: Beg (Songs of Submission #1) by C.D. Reiss


Author's:


Buy this ebook:


Note: This series is structured like a serial TV show. Novellas will be released every 4 to 6
weeks, with a break between sequences of 3-4 books. Each novella episode will be between 20 and
30 thousand words, and they’ll all end with unanswered questions. Sequence ends won’t be as
cliffy as episode ends.

Sequence 1 - Amazon | Amazon UK
Beg
Tease – Amazon
Submit – Amazon

Sequence 2
Control – Amazon



Summary:

If you loved Fifty Shades of Grey or Sylvia Day's Crossfire series, you'll love BEG - book one in Songs of Submission...
--------------------------
This novella is the first in a series, and is about 70 pages long, 22K words. 
----------------
My name is Monica. I’m a singer born and raised in Los Angeles.
I’ve stopped dating. When I cut a record, or win a Grammy, maybe then I’ll be with someone, but every man in my past has done everything he could to make me submit myself to him, and it’s gotten in the way of my career. I won’t do it again.

But there’s Jonathan. He owns the high-rise hotel where I work, and he is gorgeous and charming. I refuse to fall in love with him, even though when he asks me to submit to him, I want nothing more.

****GRAPHIC LANGUAGE, SEX, AND ADULT SITUATIONS****


Rating:


Review:


When your first open this ebook, fellow kinksters, you'll find a little boom. It's always exciting to start a story with an interesting dream. This one was one of them.

Monica is a singer/waitress but music is what defines her, especially singing. I immediately liked her because of that. Passionate music and sex in one book? Count. Me. In! Monica is a real artist, with soul and feelings – you see it all there when she performs. The author did a great job choosing the right words to describe and show it.
So, after her gig she went to work and accidentally splashed Jonathan Drazen with a drink. And just when they were admiring each other's looks.
And there is something I found strange and intruiguing about him.


"His green eyes flickered in the lamplight. I had to admit he was
stunning. His copper hair curled at the edges, and his smile could light a thousand cities. He couldn’t have been older than his early thirties."




Red, copper hair and green eyes? You don't see that very often.  I definitelly liked it.

So, Jonathan isn't angry with her, he was rather polite and even nice and fair when Monica complained about her boss who fired her then, finding her another job. What happens next leads to a strange connection forming between the two. Physical attraction definitelly. But that wasn't the only thing that kept bringing them together.

Monica is a sensitive but strong woman. She's poor, struggling with money as an honest worker. Also a very loyal friend. I really liked how she was almost like a mother to Gabby, her depressed and suicial friend. But that was also a demon to her. Monica is not a person with a dark past except her dumbass ex-boyfriend Kevin.


"I realized I’d let my sexuality control and manipulate me through him. He took my music and crushed it under the weight of his own talent. He ignored what I created, dismissing it, degenerating it, so that within three months, I couldn’t sing a word and any instrument I picked up became a bludgeon. I’d never felt so creatively dead and so sexually alive."



Because of this, she tries to keep this new thing with Jonathan without strings, but she's having a little problem with that... All this together with her artist's personality made her a pretty great character.

On the other hand, Jonathan is a rich and mysterious man. Known to the tabloids as a man with different lady every other time. But we also learn a little about his ex-wife. Jonathan is a man whose heart was broken, but he hides it well behind the casual smile. The kindness at the beginning marked him a likeable characher in my book right away. The only problem I had is that I was sometimes very confussed by him. I just couldn't make him out. There are definitely many layers to him. He a little intimidating, intruiging, has a dominant vibe about him, but he's also gentle and very fun. And many things more.

But I think that the acutal problem was that the plot flow was hard to keep up sometimes, but exciting. That's both a plus an a minus – the writing and the plot are very intense and it pulls you deep into the story, but at the same time you realize you forgot what happened at the beginning. It's an engaging story but not progressing at one good line, details get lost. I guess it's the characters, they suck out all the attention from everything else, even what they were doing.
So,about Monica and Jonathan together. It was a strange meeting at first. 



"He looked at me again, then down to the floor. I felt as if he’d moved his hands off of me, and at once I was thrilled and ashamed. I wasn’t going to be intimidated or scared. I wasn’t going to let him look away from me. If he wanted to stare, he should stare. I placed my hands on my hips and let my body language challenge him to put his eyes where they wanted to go, not the floor.

Because, fuck him."




But it was attraction nonetheless. I liked how their conversation felt really intimate. Everything felt intimate about them, the touches, the kisses, the looks – they were not only sexual. There were funny lines, but I couldn't shake the deep feeling when I read about these too. I guess neither of them expected how attracted to each other they got.

It was a meeting of strong personalities with special qualities about them. These 70 pages were just too short to figure them out. But they were enough to present me a good piece of what I should expect of this story. And it's good. After all, it's just the beginning and I think things will be more clearer later.

For now, I also much enjoyed the sex scenes. One – very teasing and one at the end that was oh so hot..



"I pinched his nipple through his shirt and he gasped, biting my neck. I hated my clothes. I hated every layer of fabric between myself and his cock. I wanted to feel skin sweating above mine, his dick rigid and hot, his hands at my breasts. I wanted those hard, dry thrusts to be real, slick, sliding inside me...."



“I want you to want it,” he said.
“I do. My God, I do.”
In response, he pushed harder, increasing the pressure without entering me. “No, you don’t. Not enough.”
I knew what he wanted, and I was willing to give it to him. “Please. I’m begging you. I’m begging. I’ll do anything you want. I’ll be anything you want. Just don’t—” 



„I didn't know I could give someone else control over what I felt.“



Umm, yeah... You'll just have to read this book to get more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...