May 21, 2013

Losing It (Losing It, #1)by Cora Carmack

Buy the book:

Author's Web-Page:

Genre:
CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE/ NEW ADULT

Summary on GOODREADS:

Virginity.
Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theater professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

***My Review***

“SERIOUSLY? Is it because of Jesus? Are you, like, saving yourself for him?” Sex seemed simpler for Kelsey. She had the body of a Barbie and the sexually-charged brain of a teenage boy.
“No, Kelsey,” I said. “It would be a little difficult to save myself for someone who died over two thousand years ago.”


After the last two, let's say, more complex and longer books with lots of drama, I really needed something easy and fun and not so big on the drama part, so I picked this book up and fortunately it was exactly what I needed. It was a sweet, short and fun student-professor love story with some drama, but nothing too serious and some pretty hot "naughty-teacher/ student-scenes". Let's face it, I think that pretty much every second girl had a crush or at least fantasized about her teacher/professor (or a coach in my case ;) at some point in her life. And yes- another endangered V-card.


THE THINGS I LIKED THE MOST ABOUT THIS BOOK:


Humor
Some characters were really funny, especially the main female character Bliss and her little "incidents" which kept me entertained through the whole book. Omg, this girl is a champ when it comes to how to thoroughly embarrass yourself in a trillion kind of ways in a short amount of time xD and her little, inner dialogues were hilarious. I could totally relate to her in this. I also tended to talk nonsense uncontrollably when I was nervous- it's a curse really and totally embarrassing, but just like Bliss- I can't help myself, even though, I must say she definitely would have won if we ever competed. 

“Sex.
I was going to have sex.
With a boy.
A hot boy.
A hot BRITISH boy.
Or maybe I was going to throw up.
What if I threw up on the hot British boy?
What if I threw up on the hot British boy DURING SEX?”


“How’s your cat?” 

“What cat? Oh! MY CAT. The cat… that is mine. Oh, she’s... ” I had said it was a she, right? “She’s fine. All meowing and purring and other cat things.” God, why did the door have to be so far away?


Garrick a.k.a The Naughty Professor- Although I'm not a big fan of the British accent and British phrases, this particular professor was pretty hot at times, but also a bit frustrating with the mixed signals he was giving Bilss.

* no big drama
There was really no bigger drama in this book, so you won't have any urges to throw your reader out of the window- I assure you.

THE THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:

*The beginning was kind of shaky. It took me some time to really get into the story and I didn't like the way them two met- I know that he is a teacher and all, but which normal person goes to a bar and reads Shakespeare there while everybody else is dancing or getting drunk. I'm a teacher, but there's no way you'll see me reading German dictionary in a bar o.O.

*“Lead the way, love.”
I know that the guy is British, but did he really have to call her love the second they met and after that most of the time? Some probably think of it as endearing, but I didn't like it at all. Unlike the rest of the female population, British accent isn't exactly a turn on for me. 

*slightly immature characters- From time to timesome of them didn't seemed so funny anymore, but more immature for their age and I'm definitely not a fan of immature characters. They are supposed to be in collage, not high school.

*some "cheesy" content
There was some cheesy content which made my skin crawl, especially in the end. The ending was way-too-romantic for my taste and that's why I'm rating it with a C-.

Short, fun, very romantic professor/ student romance book, an easy read. Was it way-too-hot? Hm...Not so much like the hot cover promised, but it was funny. So if you can deal with the reasons above, this is a book for you.

* The 2nd book in the series is expected to be published on 4th of June 2013 and it will be about another character from this book- Cade & Mackenzie  and it's called-Faking It (Losing It, #2).

* Also in August 2013 is expected the publication of Keeping Her (Losing It, #1.5) where the story from Losing It will continue, but this time from Garrick's pov.



Think of everything we’ve missed. Every touch and every kiss. Because we both insist. Resist.   

No matter how close, you are always too far...


XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...