Jan 2, 2013

Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings #3) by Cherrie Lynn

Buy the book:
Author's Web-page:


GENRE:

Contemporary Erotic Romance

RATING:



SUMMARY ON GOODREADS:

Leather and lace don't strike sparks. Or do they?

It's Valentine's Day, but Macy Rodgers isn't feeling the love. Aside from a torrid, one-night fling in a backseat a few months back, her love life has been sorely lacking, but fortunately she has devious friends who feel like playing Cupid. Wouldn't they be shocked to learn that the match they've made for her is the same one that steamed up the back of that '69 GTO...

Seth "Ghost" Warren has just returned to town after an extended absence. Between his grandmother's failing health, his job as a tattoo artist, his band's gigs, and a crazy ex that won't leave him alone, he's stretched thin. Cautious cowgirl Macy is the last thing he needs thrown into the mix.

She's all country, he's all heavy metal—and Macy knows that if anyone can propel her out of her rut, it's Seth. But when their worlds collide, it's anyone guess if they'll survive with their hearts intact.

Warning: Contains explicit sex, graphic language, road trips, trouble-making exes, emotional baggage, and an unconventional but exceptionally hot hero tatted and pierced for your pleasure...

***MY REVIEW***

“Big enough that I should tie a bow around it and attach a little card that says ‘To: Macy. You’re welcome. Love, Seth.” 


Oh my…  
Well, the title definitely suits this book, because it most certainly left me breathless 99.9% of the time :D. Leave Me Breathless is the 3rd book in The Ross Siblings Series; it's a story about Macy, Candance’s BFF and Seth a.k.a “Ghost”, Brian’s BFF- how convenient, right?;)
I was actually surprised how much I liked this book, because I didn't quite like the first two books in the series. The main reason for that was mostly, because they were pretty high on the “drama-meter” and the biggest reason for that drama is IMO opinion kind of lame. I mean, it’s the 21st century, most of the people are more open-minded and outgoing than 10-20 years ago and they don’t necessarily consider people who have tattoos or piercings to be criminals, drug-dealers etc. or in short as bad and unsuccessful people. 
At least not the people where I’m from.

I think that every second person on Earth has a tattoo or piercing, even my 75 year old grandma and grandpa have it and I assure you they’re one of the sweetest people in the world. So the fact that having tattoos or piercings in this book presents such an “issue” is a bit unbelievable in my opinion, but o.k., at least it more than meets my expectations in other areas, especially in the “steamy department.”


Yeah, this book was SMOKING HOT !!! It’s probably one of the hottest books I've read and one of the few erotica where I wasn't feeling “overwhelmed” with the amount of the sex scenes, in fact- I craved for more *blush*. The writing style of the author was really good and it most definitely excels in this department, but aside of the steamy scenes, there's actually a good story too. The main reason for that is the guy in question- Seth who is literally the fulfillment of every girl’s wet-dream.

“You’ve been fucked before, huh?” he asked, angling her so that his piercing slid over her G-spot when he entered. “By the time I’m done, you’ll have reassessed your definition”

Shaved head & hot body covered with tattoos and piercings on some very “interesting” body parts ;D & with a master degree in “the dirty-talking”...He's a part-time tattoo-artist and a part-time member of a metal band, who knows to play a guitar and he even sings. I had in my mind smth like this plus the tattoos and piercings :


Yeah, I know- Nice...eyes, right ;)?
Aside from his “rough” appearance and some not so great past experiences and insecurities, this guy was so sweet and thoughtful that you just can’t blame the girl for falling for him in such a short time. The question is: who wouldn't fall for a guy like this? I- most certainly would.


Another great thing about this book is that it also has a very likable female character, even if she’s totally opposite from the guy. Macy is your ordinary girl, ex-champion in horse racing, who prefers country music and is no fan of tattoos or piercings. She was actually one of those judgmental & stuck up people until she met Brian and the rest of the crew, especially after she set her eyes on Seth.

“Whatever's wrong, you know if it's worth fixing or not. If it is, then fix it. If not, leave it alone and move on. If I raised you to be strong, then that means I didn't teach you to sit around and wait on life and happiness to happen to you. You go after it, Macy.
And if something is standing in your way, you go through it.” 

There’s just smth about him. She can’t and doesn’t want to deny all these feelings he makes her feel after a long time of loneliness. She is just sick of being this stuck up person anymore and for once in her life she just wants to let go and live and he makes her more than alive. 
So things start as a “innocent” fun with the goal: no-strings-attached, but with time it develops to smth much more and the question is: can these two totally different persons from totally different worlds succeed in spite of the prejudices of the stuck up society? The answer on this question you’ll get after you read this book which I highly recommend for readers who have a weak spot for:



&



&



4.5 DELICIOUSLY HOT STARS!!! If it weren't from the “issue” above, it would probably be 5 and I really hope the author improves her book covers. I mean, look at this one, the characters are supposedly in their early twenties, but these 2 people rather look like they are in their mid-thirties. 
All in all, I'm really looking forward & breathlessly expecting the next one!

***Here are the links for the 3 first books in the series which you IMO don't necessarily have to read in the corresponded reading order:
  
“I don’t know what to say,” he breathed into her hair, squeezing the air from her. “Fuck. Just wait for me.”
That was all he needed to say. “I will.”

Hope you'll enjoy the book & Until next time ;)
Purplebook



4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your review! It was fun to read with the images attached. I agree though that the couple on the cover looks a little old to be in their twenties.

    I followed you through GFC. Could you follow me back at I Heart Reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :), it's more interesting for me when there are gifs in the reviews too and not just words.
      I'll definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. I've seen this one around quite a bit lately! Great review. I'm really wanting to give this book a try now :) +New GFC Follower!

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx Kimberly, I hope you'll like the book!:)
      For me it is the best in the series.

      P.S. Love the look of your blog and it's in my favorite color- new follower ;).

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...