Jul 7, 2015

Buddy-read REVIEWs: THE BLACK WOLF (In the Company of Killers, #5) By J. A. Redmerski

Genre:
Thriller/ Romantic Suspense

Buy The Book:
AMAZON 

Connect With The Author:

Synopsis On Goodreads:

Since devastating secrets were uncovered by Nora Kessler, Niklas Fleischer and Victor Faust have been divided as business partners and brothers. But ultimately Niklas is persuaded to lead a mission to Italy, and he sees it as an opportunity to set in motion forgiveness—or retribution—for his brother’s betrayal. 

The mission: play the role of a wealthy German investor and kidnap a beautiful, notorious madam named Francesca Moretti. No stranger to these types of roles, Niklas is the best man for the job, but this time the risks will be much greater as he will not be doing it alone. Izabel Seyfried, still fresh out of a life of imprisonment and sex slavery, could be negatively affected by the things she will see in Moretti’s mansion, and Niklas must keep her in line so she does not blow their cover and get them killed.

But Niklas isn’t the only one who must play a role—Nora takes on the humiliating task of playing Niklas’s slave, and Izabel must play the role of his lover.

On one hand, Niklas couldn’t be enjoying himself more. On the other hand, the emotions that continue to rage inside of him may be too much for him to control, and it may be Niklas—not Izabel—who needs to be kept in line. He cannot forget what Victor has done, and this mission may just be the beginning of his downward spiral.

Can the blood bond that Niklas and Victor share as brothers be stronger than resentment? Or will vengeance dig the blade so deep that their bond be eternally severed?

PURPLE'S RATING: 5/5 STARS
BEATRIX' RATING: 5/5 STARS 

*** REVIEW ***


Purple:

After the brilliant previous installment- Seeds of Iniquity (ItCoK, #4) I was positive that there was no way I could love this book as much as I did that one, BUT I was wrong. Niklas was not among my favorite characters. As the matter of fact I was quite annoyed with him until the previous two books because of the *thing* he did in the 1st one and his rather superior/macho attitude, but now we all know the cold front he puts up is only an act and that he can be quite charming when he wants it and add to that very, very sexy. Together with Fredrik and Nora he is now without a doubt one of my fav characters in the series.


"Niklas wanted freedom; he has always wanted to be his own person, play by his own rules, live by his own standards, and not in the shoes or the shadows or beneath the gavel or the whip of anyone else."

The story was dark, gripping, action-packed, suspenseful and twisted with some unexpected and jaw-dropping twists as always. J. R. Redmerski keeps mindfucking us messing with our heads and in the best possible way. Our dearest rogue agents are at it again- on another undercover case in Italy trying to solve one of their most dangerous cases so far.  The undercover trio was so bad-ass and the villian and her devious plans so fucked-up. I won't say anything else about the plot, except that it was spectacular.

And the ending? Oh. My...I'm still trying to process what had happened. I don't know what to think, what to feel and I definitely don't know what to expect from the next installment. I have billions theories of the possible outcomes, some of which I fear greatly and truely hope the author doesn't take the story in that direction. J. A. Redmerski, I trust your judgement, just DO NOT turn this into one of those melodramatic love triangles, I beg you!

All in all- I'm in love with this series! This is my 2nd favorite installment and my third 5 stars rating so far this year and damn well-deserved. I'll be crossing days until the next one.


“To be human means to always go with your heart. The moment you betray your heart is the moment you lose everything.”

Highly recommended to every fan of dark, romantic and suspenseful thrillers  and fans of TV shows  like Nikita. This series is a must-read!


Beatrix:

I can honestly say that with each new book In The Company of Killers series gets better and better. This series is dark, suspenseful, characters and relationships between them are so complex.

I wanted a book about Niklas since forever (okay, since book #1 – I was always curious about him and I thought there’s more to him than what he showed to the world). And now we finally got it and it was everything I wanted and more. If you’re already a fan of this series, and you approved of the direction things took in Seeds of Iniquity, you’re gonna love this! 

Anyhow, this time around, the main story revolves around Niklas, Izabel and Nora, on a mission in Italy. I don’t want to spoil anything about that, I’ll just say it was exciting, gripping, bloody and just overall, amazing. After five books, I don’t doubt J. A. Redmerski; wherever she decided to go with the plot, I’m on board. This has become one of my favorite series, precisely because it’s unpredictable and unconventional.

This particular installment picks up where things left off in the last book – Niklas is hurt over Viktor’s betrayal and nowhere to be found; and Nora is the new addition to their Order. Since her introduction in the last book, I loved Nora. She’s so badass and great, and I only wish she had a bigger role in this book. (There’s a lot we don’t know about her yet, but I’m hoping it’ll be remedied in the next book.)

Furthermore, these characters are what do it for me in this series. Now, in the book #5 we feel like we know them (I’ve personally grown so attached to them), but in fact every one of them is hiding something and we’re on our toes to know everything about them. 

Finally, the reason why this book was so bloody awesome is that ending! Whoa! What happens next is the big question. I was buddy-reading this with my dear Purple and we have SO many theories. Also, while she’s very against a love triangle, I can honestly say I wouldn’t mind it. But, I guess we shall see. 

***

My favorite Killer in this part: Niklas, obviously.
My least favorite Killer in this part: I love them all.
I particularly liked: Niklas – Izabel dynamics.
I didn’t like the fact that there was so little of Nora. With Fredrik and Niklas, she’s my favorite character and I wish she had a bigger role.
I hope that the next book features more Fredrik. (I miss him!!)
Book #6 I want more than any other book right now! I’m both anxious and eager. Hurry up please, JA we’re dying here!



xoxo,

Purple & Beatrix

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Definitely sounds like I need to check these out. I've not read a dark rom-suspense before I don't think. Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do because this series are awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. I seriously need to catch up with this series! I read the first book and left off. It sounds like it only got better after that. Wonderful reviews, Purple and Beatrix! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, when I look back, I think the first two books were the weakest in the series, even though I liked them a lot. I rated them 4 stars, but the previous two books deserve not 5 but 10 mind-blowing stars, so I hope you'll give this series another go.

      Thanks, Rachel! :)

      Delete
  3. Eeeek I can't wait until I have time for this. SOON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay! I know you're a fan of this series just like me & Beatrix. Can't wait to read your thoughts about it! :)

      Delete

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...